Get a taste of the rich heritage and contemporary culture of London’s Bankside as Merge Bankside returns for its fifth year to the south side of the river. This month-long arts festival mixes art, music and performance to create engaging and interactive installations, events, shows and exhibitions.
The majority of events are free for all to attend and feature works by established artists and emerging new talent, while local communities are also invited to take ownership of projects. With Borough Market and Tate Modern at its heart, Bankside is a hub of creative output that is showcased in this culture-filled festival.
Merge Bankside 2015 Highlights:
- Take part in On Your Wavelength an immersive light and sound installation by Marcus Lyall and Rob Thomas, who produce visual effects for the likes of The Chemical Brothers and Metallica live shows
- Enter Bompas and Parr’s magical Bioluminescent Chamber of Wishes and throw a wishing token into the water for shimmering results
- Be part of the artwork at the Colourful Crossings outdoor gallery which brings pedestrian crossings to life
- Enjoy intimate theatre productions at the Caravan Theatre and Riverside Stage outside Tate Modern
Venue Details & Map
Bankside Community Space
18 Great Guildford StreetLondonSE1 0FD
- +44 (0)20 7928 3998
- Public transport:
- London Bridge, Southwark, Blackfriars and Mansion House