Audrey Hepburn's style is one of the most emulated and admired in the world. The actress managed to balance simplicity, comfort and elegance to create a timeless, singularly European sophistication that came to define her persona.
This event examines Audrey Hepburn's career and the role of fashion - particularly that of Givenchy - in both her films and the creation of her image, on- and off-screen.
- A screening of Sabrina at Cine Lumiere on Friday 6 September.
- A seminar exploring Audrey Hepburn's style at the Victoria and Albert Museum on Saturday 7 September.
- A screening of How to Steal a Million at Cine Lumiere on Saturday 7 September.
- A screening of Two For the Road at Cine Lumiere on Sunday 8 September.
- Audrey Hepburn's son Luca Dotti will be giving a personal account of his mother's life at the Victoria & Albert Museum on Tuesday 10 September.
For the full programme, see www.fashionandcinema.co.uk
Venue Details & Map
Cromwell Road, SW7 2RL [map]
Where can you see ceramics, furniture, fashion, glass, jewellery, metalwork, photographs, sculpture, textiles and paintings? Where else but the V&A, the world's greatest museum of art and design.
Queensberry Place, South Kensington, SW7 2DT [map]
Launched by Catherine Deneuve in 1998, the Cine lumiere is an independent showcase for French, European and world cinema.