Lesser Known Architecture is a free exhibition celebrating extraordinary London architecture.
Nominated by leading architecture critics, these 10 buildings, structures and subways contribute to the mix and diversity of the city but are all too often overlooked and forgotten.
Each site has been photographed by Theo Simpson and will be displayed as a series of single colour offset prints in the Design Museum Café and Tank.
The 10 London buildings featured and their nominators:
- Bevin Court nominated by Tom Dyckhoff (BBC Culture Show)
- Brownfield Estate nominated by Owen Hatherley (The Guardian)
- Cabmen’s Shelters nominated by Oliver Wainwright (The Guardian)
- Crystal Palace Subway nominated by Rory Olcayto (The Architects' Journal)
- London Underground Arcades nominated by Edwin Heathcote (Financial Times)
- Mail Rail nominated by Ellie Stathaki (Wallpaper*)
- Nunhead Cemetery nominated by Hugo MacDonald (Monocle)
- Occidental Oil Refinery Jetty nominated by Owen Hatherley (The Guardian)
- Stockwell Bus Garage nominated by Tom Dyckhoff (BBC Culture Show)
- Welbeck Street Car Park nominated by Sam Jacob (Dezeen / Art Review)
Venue Details & Map
Shad ThamesBermondseyLondonSE1 2YD
- +44 (0)20 7940 8790
- Public transport:
- Tube: Tower Hill; Tube/Rail: London Bridge; DLR: Tower Gateway
Going to Design Museum using public transport? Find the fastest route: