Celebrate the anniversary of the London 2012 Games and the reopening of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park at the Open East arts festival.
The north section of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will be filled with music, art, theatre and food inspired by East London to mark one year since the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Games.
Organised in partnership with the Barbican and east London arts venture Create, the festival will feature:
- Performances and workshops from Theatre Royal Stratford East, Boy Blue Entertainment and Ida Barr
- A Real Food Festival
- A mini travelling art circus from the House of Fairy Tales, featuring theatre, magic, music and games
- An Art Car Boot Fair where East London artists will be signing their work
- Caught By The River, who will be sharing their passion for literature, angling, music and beer as they host celebrated authors and musicians
- An Eco Design Fair showcasing the best up-cycled, vintage and contemporary design in London
- Family storytelling, art and craft workshops from the Discover Children's Story Centre
- Picnics along the riverbank
The Open East Festival will be one of the first events in the newly reopened Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Visit our London 2012 Legacy page for more information about events and activities in the park.