Jonathan Church's new production of Singin' in the Rain transfers to London's Palace Theatre following a sell-out run in Chichester.
From the golden age of musicals to the West End, Singin' In The Rain brings the glamour of the MGM film to the Palace Theatre. Set at a time of change in the film world, Singin' In The Rain follows silent movie star Dan Lockwood who has everything he could ever want; fame, adulation and even a well-publicised "romance" with his co-star Lina Lamont. But there are rumours of a new kind of film that could alter everything, a kind of film where actors talk... and sing... as well as dance.
Singin' in the Rain is the story of that first Hollywood musical, the moment when the silver screen found its voice and never looked back. With all the sparkle and spectacle of a golden age, it features a glorious score including:
- Make 'em Laugh
- Good Morning
- Moses Supposes
- Singin' in the Rain (of course!)
Shining with vitality, wit and romance, this is a musical to lift your heart and set you singin' and dancin' – in any weather.
- Andrew Wright
- Chichester Festival Theatre, Stage Entertainment UK
- Betty Comden, Adolph Green
- Michael Brandon, Adam Cooper, Daniel Crossley, Brendan Cull, Flora Dawson, Sandra Dickinson, Jaye Juliette Elster, Peter Forbes, Gemma Fuller, Francis Haugen, Katherine Kingsley, David Lucas, Scott Mobley, Ebony Molina, Gillian Parkhouse, Sherrie Pennington, Lisa Ritchie, Scarlett Strallen, Nancy Wei George
Venue Details & Map
St JamesLondonW1D 7ES
- +44 (0)20 7434 0088
- Public transport:
- (5mins) Take Charing Cross Road until you reach the crossroads with Shaftesbury Avenue.
Going to Palace Theatre using public transport? Find the fastest route: