Win Your London Story
Terms and conditions
London & Partners Promotion – Terms & Conditions
1. Open to residents worldwide aged 18 or over, except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Void where prohibited by local law.
2. The promotion will run throughout the campaign period from 01 October 2013 at 10.00 GMT until 30 June 2014 at 23.59 GMT. There will be six competitions within the promotion. The opening and closing dates for each are as follows:
• Competition 1. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 01 October 2013 at and closes at 23.59 GMT on 3 November 2013.
• Competition 2. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 4 November and closes at 23.59 GMT on 5 January 2014.
• Competition 3. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 6 January 2014 and closes at 23.59 GMT on 2 February 2014.
• Competition 4. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 3 February 2014 and closes at 23.59 GMT on 2 March 2014.
• Competition 5. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 3 March 2014 and closes at 23.59 GMT on 14 April 2014
• Competition 6. Opens at 00.01 GMT on 15 April 2014 and closes at 23.59 GMT on 30 June 2014.
The promoter reserves the right to make changes to the competition opening and closing dates. Changes will be reflected in the terms and conditions.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. To enter, a user will need to visit www.visitlondon.com/story, watch our celebrity compilation video and answer the following question correctly: Where does celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay recommend going for an excellent curry? A. Regent Street B. Brick Lane C. Abbey Road. Once the correct answer has been selected, the user will be able to register to enter the competition.
5. Users may enter any or all five of the competitions however may only enter each competition once. For the avoidance of doubt, multiple entries by the same person within the same competition period will not be valid.
6. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
8. The prize consists of fixed and variable elements. The fixed elements comprise of:
• A five-night hotel stay in London for two people, sharing one room in a Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel. www.radissonblu-edwardian.com
• Round trip travel for 2 people to London in economy / standard class from the closest appropriately connected city to the prize winner's residential address. Subject to availability and up to a maximum value of £2,000 total. The decision as to the most appropriate form of transport for the prize winners’ travel will lie with London & Partners.
• 2 x Oyster Cards allowing for travel across the London public transport network to the value of £15 each. If you exceed the value indicated you will be required to top up your card in order to continue travelling on public transport in London. For more information on the Oyster Card and the London public transport network, please visit the Transport for London website: http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk
• 2 x The London Pass cards giving you free entry to over 60 top London attractions, including guidebook and lanyard. Valid for one calendar day from first activation. Activate the card simply at first attraction. Plan your day carefully to make the best use of the card.
The variable elements comprise as many of our London video prize experiences as you can fit into a five night trip to London.
*London & Partners will work with the competition winner to book the winner’s preferred competition prize elements below advising on the winner’s schedule and what is feasible to fit into the five night holiday. London & Partners will have final say on the amount of prizes possible to fit into each day. It may not be possible to claim all prizes listed. No prizes can be taken outside of the nominated five night period. Not all prizes are available in all time periods.
Terms and Conditions for each of the variable prize elements are listed below in alphabetical order:
British Library/Joanna Lumley: Prize is 2 x tickets to paid exhibition at the British Library and accompanying exhibition book. Exhibition entry is subject to availability and providing there is an exhibition running on the dates the winner chooses to travel.
City of London Information Centre: Prize is a private themed tour of the City for two with a qualified City of London guide. Winner may choose from themed walks. Tour is subject to availability and must be booked in advance.
EDF Energy London Eye/Boris Johnson: Prize is two standard tickets for entry on the EDF Energy London Eye. A Standard Ticket includes one 30-minute rotation and entry to 4D cinema experience.
Eurostar: Prize is travel from London to Paris for two people travelling in Standard Premier with Eurostar. Outbound and return travel must be taken in the same calender day.
- Bookings must be made at least 21 days before travel but no more than 120 days before. No alterations or exchanges once the reservation has been made.
- Travel is subject to availability
- Travel is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit alternative
- Both passengers must travel together on outbound and return journeys
- Eurostar International Conditions of Carriage apply to all travel which are obtainable on www.eurostar.com
- Eurostar International Ltd does not accept liability for elements of this prize except for travel on Eurostar
Jamaica Wine House: Prize is a meal for two people up to the value of £60. Table must be booked in advance. As this prize may involve the consumption of alcohol please see information on responsible drinking at www.drinkaware.co.uk.
Madame Tussauds: Prize is 2 x entry tickets to Madame Tussauds, including wax hand each and professional photo each. No blackout dates – ticket is valid for one year from issue.
Maison Bertaux: Prize is £20 for two people to spend at Maison Bertaux patisserie, 29 Greek Street London.
Museum of London: Prize is 2 x entry tickets to exhibition at Museum of London and two-course meal for two in the London Wall Bar & Kitchen including one soft drink each. Exhibition entry is subject to availability and providing there is an exhibition running on the dates the winner chooses to travel. The winner must provide the proof of prize supplied.
The River Thames: Prize includes a Bateaux elite dinner cruise along the Thames for two people. Cruise includes champagne on arrival, five course a la carte menu at window seat, wine and mineral water served with dinner, an after dinner liquor, tea or coffee, and live band on board. Cruise lasts two hours, 45 minutes. Must be booked in advance, subject to availability.
Royal Opera House/Marianela and Thiago: Prize includes two tickets to Backstage Tour of the Royal Opera House. Tour is subject to availability and must be booked in advance. Due to the nature of the tour, the times and availability of tickets can vary from day to day. In such an event that the winner’s choice of date to redeem this prize is not available, the winner will be asked to select another date on which to redeem.
Tate Modern: Prize is 2 x tickets to paid exhibition at the Tate Modern (the exhibition the winner sees will be dependent on when the winner chooses to travel) and meal for two in the Restaurant at the Tate up to the value of £80.
Tom Daley: The prize will be valid until 31 March 2015, and may be taken at a time agreed by the winner and the ArcelorMittal Orbit team.
Tower of London: Prize is Historic Royal Palaces pass which admits the winner and guest to the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace and Gardens, Kensington Palace and Banqueting House. Subject to availability. Pass allows one entry to each property.
Victoria and Albert Museum/Twiggy: Prize is two tickets will be valid for one of three paid exhibitions at the V&A. These include William Kent: Designing Georgian Britain (22 March-13 July 2014); The Glamour of Italian Fashion 1945-2014 (5 April-25 July 2014) and Wedding Dresses 1775-2014 (opens 3 May 2014). Tickets will be valid for entry between 10.00-16.30 daily, except for the final two weekends of the exhibition. The value of the V&A Shop voucher will be £50. Valid for redemption in store only (at the Main Shop, Fashion Shop, Exhibition Shop or Bookshop at the V&A). Not valid online. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Voucher cannot be redeemed for cash. Neither the V&A or V&A Enterprises are liable for any loss of the voucher.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: Prize is 2 x entry tickets for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter including souvenir guide. Subject to availability and terms and conditions as per website: www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/en/legal/terms-conditions
Warsan Shire: Prize is a walking tour for two people led by a member of the Guild of Registered Tourist Guides (britainsbestguides.org) – the only UK-wide association for professional Blue Badge Guides. Tour must be booked in advance.
Wembley: Prize is 2 x tickets for an England International match (up to and including 31 March 2015) and VIP Tour the following day including the Dressing Rooms, Royal Box, Press Room and much more. Both matches and tours are subject to availability, alteration and cancellation at short notice. The match the winner attends will be determined by the date the winner chooses to travel.
West End (Penhaligon's): Prize is £200 worth of shopping vouchers to spend on Oxford Street (winner must choose retail outlet in which to spend vouchers at time of booking).
Emirates Air Line: Prize is a 360 ride on the Emirates Airline, viewing guide and entrance to the Emirates Aviation experience for two.
Columbia Road Flower Market: Prize is a luxurious bouquet of flowers delivered to your hotel room upon your arrival to London.
9. Prize package must be taken between 3 November 2013 and 31 March 2015.
• Prize redemption is subject to availability, winner must offer a selection of possible dates.
• The prize is non-transferable, exchangeable for cash or valid for use in conjunction with any other offer.
10. The prize excludes airport / hotel transfers, travel insurance and additional services such as spending money, transport costs whilst in London, hotel costs e.g. mini bar bills etc.
11. The winners will be drawn at random overseen by an independent person. Winners will be notified by email and /or telephone within 10 working days of the closing date of the competition period entered.
12. If the winner does not respond to the claim within 14 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and it will be reallocated to an alternative prize winner drawn at random by an independent person.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any entrant’s details including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or address and/or age
14. Names of winners, their country and locality will be available on request for 3 months after the close of the promotion by writing to the Promoter’s address and enclosing a self-addressed envelope.
15. The prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be resold, redeemed for cash or any form of compensation. In the event, for any reason, of the prize winners not taking part of or any element of the prize within the time period stipulated, then the prize will be forfeited and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize or in full.
16. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they are capable of accepting the prize including, without limitation, ensuring that they have a valid passport and any required visas necessary in order to use the Prize.
17. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to be responsible for all federal, state, provincial, local or other applicable taxes associated with acceptance and use of the prize.
18. The Promoter reserves the sole right and discretion to change the prize for another prize of equal or higher value should circumstances make this unavoidable.
19. The winner must agree to participate in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of the Promoter such as winner announcement on visitlondon.com social media channels and potential to be in a ‘winner’s video’ themselves at the promoter’s discretion.
20. The Promoter does not accept liability for any losses of claims whatsoever arising out of participation of the promotion or accepting the prize. This does not affect users’ statutory rights.
21. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
22. Users are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet.
23. Except as otherwise required by applicable law the Promoter shall not be liable for the content of any externally linked web sites.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to investigate and refuse claims it believes to be of a fraudulent nature. Should a claim be upheld as fraudulent the Promoter reserves the right to pursue damages against individuals in connection with the claim.
Promoter: London & Partners, 6th Floor, 2 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RR, UK