Data Protection Act 1998
London & Partners Ltd is the data controller of your data. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z2650570, and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Your personal information is safe with us.
Links to third party sites appear on the Site. Those third party sites are not our responsibility, although we choose them with care. You should read and satisfy yourself with those third parties' privacy policies before using such linked sites.
Information on data protection is contained on the Information Commissioner's own web site at www.ico.gov.uk.
The Information we Collect
We will only collect personal information about you and given by you when you register with us, or with a marketing partner and specifically request them to pass your details to us for registration purposes. We will always let you have a copy of all personal information we have about you should you request it. Contact email@example.com to do this.
You are able to update and amend your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can manage your details at www.visitlondon.com/my-london
You can also unsubscribe from www.londonandpartners.com at any time by following the unsubscribe link in our email communications
Purposes for which we use Information about our Users
We collect information about our users for a variety of purposes. These include:
- where you supply information to us in order that we deliver a required service e.g. newsletters relevant to you and your interests, information will be processed by us to supply the information and material which we promise. Your information is held at London & Partners in the UK, and maintained by London & Partners and yourself via www.visitlondon.com.
- so we can communicate with you in response to a specific action performed by you on this site or one of our affiliate sites, e.g. when you book a hotel, buy a ticket, reserve a table, leave a review, enter a competition, redeem a special offer.
- so we can inform you of new competitions, special offers, relevant products and services which may be of interest
- so we can send you news items which are relevant to your interests
- to help us improve and personalise our services
Passing on Information about You
We will not pass on any information provided by you to any third parties unless you specifically consent. We may however disclose aggregate – but not individual – statistics to potential partners and advertisers, such as the number of users we have, their location, etc. If you give your consent, third parties may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
London & Partners will take precautions to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. Only authorised employees and subcontractors will be given access to the information you provide us. Our systems are designed to ensure that your data can only be viewed online if your email and password are correctly input. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take many precautions aimed at preventing such occurrences.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your email and password. Please take care when using and storing them. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Cookies in Use on This Site
Cookies and how they benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering you on subsequent visits
- Adding items to a favourites list
- Adding products to a shopping basket
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- YouTube - powers the videos on our site
- Google - we use their maps and translation tool
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by: Google+, Twitter and Facebook
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We aim only to serve relevant advertising to you on our site, and cookies help us to achieve this.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
- DoubleClick - owned by Google
We partly fund our site by showing adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visit so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working. Our partners is: Ad2One
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will almost certainly limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
London & Partners Limited, trading as London & Partners Company Number 7493460, is the official promotional organisation for London, financed by membership subscriptions, commercial activity and the Mayor of London.
London & Partners Contact Details:
London & Partners
6th Floor, 2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RR
Tel. +44 (0)20 7234 5800
Fax. +44 (0)20 7378 6525
Information on data protection is contained on the Information Commissioner's own web site at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.